Wednesday Evening Bible Study
Join us for Wednesday evening Bible Study at the church. The study resource is "Law and Gospel: Bad News - Good News" from the NPS Peoples Bible Teaching Series. Please plan now to attend and help enrich the discussion and learn about God's "Bad News - Good News"! We look forward to your attending!
Attendance & Offerings for last Sunday
Worship: No Report
Offerings: No Report
ACTIVITIES AND OUR SERVICE AT IMMANUEL
Please refer to the monthly calander and the page for upcoming activities and our service to the Lord's house. Thank you!
- Congregational Voter's Meeting is scheduled for September 23 after worship service. We will not have bible class. We will discuss current status and next steps in the closure of the congregation. Voting members having other matters to bring to the Voter's will have an opportunity at this meeting. Anyone who is not a Voter should speak with an elder or council member before the meeting about any areas of concern or any questions.
- Prayer requests: Grace Crow, Roger Abbott’s sisters (Janet & Janice, both suffering MS, and Janet additionally suffering cancer), Pat Runge, Marge Lilly suffering altzheimers, James Bucklew whose surgery on Monday July 16 was a success and is recovering at home, Shirley Petty suffering altzheimeras, Randy Martin who suffers a form of leukemia, Bob and Jean Runge, Jackie Caldwell suffering back pains, Rusty Buerger, Ann Bacher, Darlene Whaley (Pat Runge's daughter), Hadley Davis recovering from cancer, Shawn and Larinda Bucklew, Sheila Butler who suffers cancer, Betty Waldeck (grandmother of Jason Waldeck), Nancy Sanem (grandmother of Jason Waldeck), Dale Foster (father of Eric Foster), Katy Wunrow as she recovers from a knee injury, Bob Sawall who continues to recover at home from bladder removal, heart attack, and a bout of pneumonia, Kalli Lynn Sawall (granddaughter of Bob Sawall), and Rose Abbott who recently suffers inability to swallow; also Ryan Buerger, Aaron Sampe, Michael Hengst, and Chris White (armed forces).
WHAT’S GOING ON...AT HOME
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH!!!
Steve Paulsen on the 1st
Ashley Miller on the 26th
Kylie Waldeck on the 28th
James Bucklew on the 29th
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY THIS MONTH!!!
Bill & Shaleen Wunrow 23 yrs on the 9th
Roger & Chris Abbott 50 yrs on the 10th
Scott & Margaret Cleveland 20 yrs on the 12th
Wes & Keri Wempner 36 yrs on the 25th
Greeters for September 23: Wes & Keri Wempner
Greeters for September 30: Brian and Terrie Bacher
Church Cleaners for September 16-29:Dick & Pam Miller, and Steve & Karen Paulsen
Grounds Keepers for September 23-29: R, Butler & R. Eicksteadt
Hospitality for September: Margaret Cleveland
We continue to keep Pastor Gefaller and Beth in our prayers as he continues his new ministry at St. Paul Lutheran Churches in Broken Bow and North Platte, Nebraska.
Free Books. The books at the school are being offered to anyone who would like them for a free will donation. You may contact any council member for the school key.
2018 Flower Chart. The new 2018 flower chart is on the bulletin board in the narthex. If you would like to purchase flowers for worship services please put your name on the chart and place your $20.00 in the offering plate indicating that it is for flowers.
Some ways you may serve the Lord here at Immanuel:
Altar Guild - the reverent preparation of the altar and chancel area for worship services including communion preparation, care of sacred linens, banners, and other related items. Contact Keri Wempner for more information.
Stitching Hope Ministry - making various needlework projects for Children’s Hospital, VA Hospital, Meals on Wheels, etc. To get involved or to donate, contact Marge Lilly at 817-428-5459.
Christ Cares Ministry – praying, visiting, phoning, sending greeting cards.
Hospitality Ministry – making coffee and hosting Sunday fellowship time.
Greeting and Cleaning – Greeting everyone as they arrive for Sunday morning worship, especially our guests and visitors. Cleaning our facilities with fellow members.
• Adult Bible Class is held every Sunday at 10:30am in the church kitchen. Coffee, juice, and doughnuts are provided.
• Wednesday Night Bible Study at 7:00p.m. at church, focusing on "Law and Gospel: Bad News-Good News" by Leroy A. Dobberstein. The book is part of the Peoples Bible Teachings published by Northwestern Publishing House. The study series is expected to last for 13 weeks. Please join our small group.
WHAT’S GOING ON...ELSEWHERE
- We are invited to celebrate with the new Midlothian congregation in the installation of Pastor Scott Martz, who will serve the new WELS church in Midlothian, Texas. It will be on October 7, 2018 at 5 p.m. Installation service and meal will be held at:
Our Savior Lutheran Church
3901 SW Green Oaks Blvd
Arlington, TX 76017
Please RSVP by October 1 to email@example.com
- LWMS Red River Circuit Rally will be held on September 29, 2018 at Prince of Peace in Flower Mound. Speak with Delores Sawall for more information or go to this website:
- https://mailchi.mp/c8d2e457a12d/see-you-september-29?e=110934358b (You may have to copy and paste in browser since I've not yet figured out how to provide a hot link)
Ladies, the women of Our Savior Lutheran Church invites you to their first Advent By Candlelight being held on December 2 at 5:30pm in Arlington. Please feel encouraged to join them by placing it on your calendar now.
- The new Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) Bible can now be found online at BibleGateway.com. The Old Testament translation is being prepared for printing.
Please remember you are precious to Jesus and to us.
We look forward to seeing you again next week.
We’ll be sure to save you a place!
Whom do I ask? Whom do I talk to? Here’s a list of “who’s who” in
Church Council Trustees Ray Soucheck, President
Bill Wunrow, Financial Secretary
Wes Wempner, Treasurer
Russell Butler, Facilities
Church Council Elders Ray Soucheck
Facilities Committee Russell Butler, Tom Lantry, and
Assistant Treasurer Vacant
Recording Secretary Gary Petty
Church Secretary Vacant
Head Usher Eric Foster
Altar Guild Keri Wempner, Coordinator
Flowers Keri Wempner
Sunday School Stacey Hengst, Coordinator
Please pray that God grants them a measure of faith, wisdom and
love to carry out their callings as leaders in his church here!
Please also look for opportunities to serve on their various